OWASP Juice Shop is a “shooting star” among broken web applications. To make sure it does not end as a “one-hit wonder”, the project embraces principles and techniques that enhance its sustainability, e.g. Clean Code, TDD, CI/CD, Quality Metrics and Mutation Testing.
In this session you will see how
– a complete and reliable test suite eliminates the “fear of change”
– automation is a key to increased productivity – even for small open source projects
– free-for-open-source SaaS tools can improve your development process
Where is light, there is shadow! You will also learn
– about some limitations in the automation processes
– why some 3rd party services had to be dropped
If the Internet gods are with us, we will even perform a production release of OWASP Juice Shop during the session!
You can find the original HTML5 slide deck at http://bkimminich.github.io/juice-shop/appseceu_2017.html. The slightly less fancy PDF-version is available on SlideShare: